Blockchain as an emerging technology is impacted by the law and litigation exposure from multiple fields of law. This session will take a wide ranging look at the latest updates on blockchain litigation that startups, enterprise and governments need to consider regarding blockchain implementation including:
- Liability in a decentralized world – who is liable when smart contracts violate laws (e.g., decentralized exchanges, prediction markets, etc).
- Securities law liability – key developments from around the world
- AML/KYC liability – key criminal, regulatory and civil cases involving money laundering, terrorist financing and lessons learned
- Jurisdictional issues – court decisions addressing jurisdiction based on the features of blockchain technology.
- Smart contracts – key liability issues and prevention measures